Thursday, August 03, 2006

Minimal Stitching Progress and SBQ Catchup

Howdy--long time, no blog!

I'm back from Buffahole and the family visit. First thing is first--I have some catching up to do.

July was my month to work on Magic Witch(progress in a post below--prevacation) and Eternal Promise(Arwen and Aragorn). Eternal Promise was my July Project Spectrum piece, because it is loaded with shades of purple. Unfortunately, I didn't get much done. Who knew that visiting family and chasing after 7 kids, 6 and under, would be so much work--LOL! No worries though, because I'm in no hurry with this one--which is a good thing because it is huge and it will take forever :) I'm still in the background and will be for the entire top row of pages. The second row actually lets me stitch Aragorn's head, so I've got that to look forward to.


Arwen and Aragorn(Eternal Promise)--5800 stitches

I have three weeks of SBQ to catch up on, so here we go:

Today's SBQ was suggested by Carol (http://carolsxsblog.blogspot.com/)
and is:

Do you have a favorite needlework tool that you like to work with?
What is it and why do you like using it?

I guess my Q-snaps and my scrap bag--I couldn't live without either.

Today's SBQ was suggested by Von (http://onthedryside.blogspot.com/)
and is:

Many of us have a few pairs of embroidery scissors and some even have
a "collection". How many pairs of scissors do you have? Feel free to
share a photo of your favorite pair or pairs with us!

I have 3 pairs: one pair of kiddie scissors (to use when I'm stitching around the kiddos), one pair in a kit from Shepherd's Bush for a scissor fob, and one pair that I got at Micheal's and I use them 90% of the time. I love looking at all the different ones available though. I'd love a good pair with some Celtic Knotwork in them.

Today's SBQ was suggested by Cathy
(http://itwillbefunny.blogspot.com/) and is:

When you get a project professionally framed do you get glass inserted
into the frame? Why or why not?

No glass for me--(1) it's too expensive, (2) I like to really look at the texture of the piece, (3) I think it looks better without, and (4) I've heard it's not good for the piece long term.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Welcome back!! We were just talking about how we miss you at knitting tonight!

CynCyn said...

So glad you're back!! will you be at TC tomorrow? I'll be at the shop, if you want to come visit!

Laura said...

Welcome home, Kim. Your Arwen and Aragorn is coming along nicely. 7 kids under 6? I would have run screaming from the house well before the 3 weeks were up. LOL

Christine said...

Welcome back! Your Eternal Promise is beautiful, are you stitching it 2 over 1 or 1 over 1? I'm impressed that you are able to stick to the border, I jumped around as soon as I could to get to their faces. I really want to get back to this one but I've been so distracted with school and knitting. We really should get an Eternal Promise SAL going soon!

Mel in Dubai said...

Eternal Promise is coming along wonderfully, Kim :) Welcome back!

Heather said...

Eternal Promise looks great Kim. I've just popped on after seeing the post on HAED about your stitching.