Saturday, August 26, 2006

Magic Witch and SBQ


Magic Witch (18320 stitches)

I have finally started her face--I was a little worried about the purplish-blue, but I think it's the shadow cast by the brim of her hat.

Today's SBQ was suggested by Ami (http://stitch.thirani.net/) and is:

For those of you who use hand or over-dyed floss, how do you store it?


I don't really use over-dyed floss. I only have one project(so far) that uses it and those are wound onto cardboard bobbins waiting to be stitched.


Today's SBQs were suggested by Ami (http://stitch.thirani.net/) and
Anna (http://stitchbitch.blogspot.com) and are:


Do you have an organizational system for your fabric? If so, what is
it? If not, what do you store your fabric in?

I have no organizational system for my fabric; I haven't actually gotten into the fabric hoarding thing(knock on wood). I usually buy fabric when I need it for something I am starting. I have a small stash of 25 and 28 count lugana for HAEDs but it's all white and not really a lot.

How do people store their fabric, especially those small but
potentially usable pieces? Do they sort by count? How do they label it
or otherwise know what each piece is?

The fabric I have is not sorted or marked--I suppose that would be a good idea; I guess I'd better get to work LOL!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Your Magic Witch is really coming along, gf. I think you're right. I think the bluish colors on her face so far are just shadows from her hat. ;-)

Mel in Dubai said...

I love watching this come to life, Kim!

Nicki said...

She looks great! Earth's face has a lot of purple and blue in it too, but it works. It freaked me out a bit to start with though :)