Monday, August 28, 2006

Hold on to Your Hats

This is actually a knitting post!! Can you believe it? With Fall quickly rolling in, my knitting mojo seems to be returning. Besides the Autumn Knit List I posted before, here are the current WIPs that need to either be finished or ripped:

(1) March Project Spectrum--red top down raglan--this will get finished. I love the yarn(cascade quattro) and the pattern(knitting pure and simple).

Top Down Raglan(Project Spectrum March)

(2) Beginner's Triangle--for Amazing Lace--I'm on the decreases so the end is in sight--this will get finished. It's in Knit Picks Shimmer Turquoise Splendor

Beginner's Triangle--homestretch

(3) Clapotis--I love the yarn(Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Rosehips) and love the pattern(great for knitting group knitting)--this will get finished and I have yarn for another.

Clapotis

(4) Diva's sweetheart scarf--okay here's the thing, I LOVE the yarn and the pattern BUT it takes forever and I don't think Diva will wear(let alone keep track of) a scarf SO this will probably get ripped and I'll use the yarn to make her some Latvian mittens.

The ill fated Queen of Hearts scarf

7 comments:

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

The WIPs are coming along nicely, except the mean little scarf! Btw, as soon as I finish entering my stash inventory on my spreadsheet, I will be re-joining the Stash-along. I have been a very, BAD, stasher!!
=:8

Laura said...

The wips are wonderful! I love them all. Especially that raglan sweater. :-D

Bummer about the scarf. Maybe you can put some of those cute little hearts on the cuffs of the mittens you make instead...

CynCyn said...

no one can blame you for not wanting to put so much time and effort into something little diva might lose on her 3rd day of winter at school. NO ONE. maybe mittens and a matching hat?

Mel in Dubai said...

Lovely knitting WIPs!

Marina said...

Aww, and it was so pretty! But, you know your kids best.

Hmm, is there a theme here? Love all the pinks and blues ;-)

Lolly said...

I am still working on a project I started back in March too for Project Spectrum! Luckily, September is "Clean Sweep" month, so your timing is perfecto!

Wanda said...

Yep, looks like you got your knitting mojo back alright. Definitely have to finish the top down thingie, just so easy and I can definitely tell red is one of your favorite colors, right?! Ehh, if the scarf isn't working out, definitely rip it and make someone else she'll use. You've been dragging that thing around for almost as long as I've known you. It's time to let it GO.