Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Summer Reading Challenge--Week 6

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lord of the Rings
The Belgariad
The Black Jewels Trilogy
Eldest
Sword of Darkness(thanks to a recommendation from Guernseygal)
Knit the Classics(1 summer book)
rereading HP4-6
rereading Dark Hunter series: finished
Dark Side of the Moon: finished
Danse Macabre: finished


I finished Danse Macabre today. I think that Hamilton has finally taken the series too far for my tastes. First, the book only covered about two days. Second, it was crammed full of stuff dealing the ardeur(and if you read the series you'll know what that means--I'm surprised she can keep track of who she is sleeping with and even more surprised that she could walk by the end). Third, it was really lacking in storyline and that's something for a book that was 483 pages.

Richard was back and I'm happy to say he seems to be coming to terms with things--hopefully, he'll move on and get away from Anita. I have to say that I agree with what her friend, Ronnie, said about her. I am stunned that Anita has done a complete 180 in her character; I'm having a hard time coming up with any redeeming qualities she has left. That being said I'm sure I'll still read the next book.

My favorite quote from the book--Nathaniel to Richard:
"You're like a dog marking your territory. Maybe you should just piss on her, so we'll all know she's yours."

No comments: