Saturday, July 01, 2006

Stitching Thursdays(on Saturday)

Storykeeper was my Project Spectrum focus piece for June. I'm sorry it's so overcast today because the blues in this are just stunning--there are so many with just subtle variations in shading.


Storykeeper 7/1/06


Magic Witch(13740/31350)

I met my goals for both my stitching pieces in June--it's a first--Hurray!!

For July I want to get 2800 stitches in Eternal Promise(Arwen and Aragorn) and 800 stitches in Magic Witch. This will be a tough month as there will be a lot of traveling going on.

Today's SBQ was suggested by Cheryl and is:

What do you do with your charts once you've stitched them? Do you keep
them or dispose of them? If you keep them, do you organize them in a
way that is different from the way you keep your unstitched charts?


I keep 90% of my charts once I stitch them. I usually make working copies and file the original in a 3 ring binder. They aren't really kept any differently than my unstitched charts. Honestly, I'm not sure why I keep them--I have so many things I want to stitch that I am pretty sure I wouldn't stitch something again. I guess I keep them because I'm not 100% sure that I wouldn't stitch them again :)

Today's SBQ was suggested by Vash and is:

Have you ever used a magnifying glass while stitching? If so, did you
find it helpful?

I haven't yet but I can see the need for it in the future--especially if I keep stitching these over 1 projects.
The permalink to this post is:
http://blondelibrarian.net/stitching/archives/2006/06/stitching-large/



Today's SBQ was suggested by Angela and is:

How many cross stitch books do you own and how often do you use them?

I have two that I can think of off the top of my head. One on Christmas Stockings and one with Mary Englebreit. I don't use either.
The permalink to this post is:
http://blondelibrarian.net/stitching/archives/2006/06/stitching-books/

3 comments:

Andie said...

Oh WOW!! You are doing another HAED that I love! Storykeeper :) I will be waiting with bated breath to see your progress on Arwen and Aragon this month! Your stitching looks lovely! The over ones are amazing!

Nicki said...

They both look fantastic Kim. Storykeeper is one of my favourites. Really looking forward to seeing Eternal promise too :)

Michelle said...

I love your crosstitch posts. It's amazing to me how quickly you get through those projects.