Friday, June 02, 2006

Summer Reading Challenge(Week 1)/Booking Through Thursday

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lord of the Rings
The Belgariad
The Black Jewels Trilogy
Eldest
Dark Side of the Moon
Danse Macabre
Sword of Darkness(thanks to a recommendation from Guernseygal)
Knit the Classics(1 summer book)
rereading HP4-6
rereading Dark Hunter series: finished the reread--not a big accomplishment as they are easy reads and I only had two left. But now I'm ready to start Dark Side of the Moon(as soon as it arrives).


Book 1 for the Summer Reading Challenge

I'll also be reading Dark Side of the Moon which should be arriving today!!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Booking Through Thursday


Jeanne came across this list of previous years' best sellers, and thought it might be fun to base some of our questions on them.


  1. In 1956, these were the top ten best sellers for the year. Have you read any of them?

    1. Don't Go Near the Water, William Brinkley
    2. The Last Hurrah, Edwin O'Connor
    3. Peyton Place, Grace Metalious
    4. Auntie Mame, Patrick Dennis
    5. Eloise, Kay Thompson
    6. Andersonville, MacKinlay Kantor
    7. A Certain Smile, Fran├žoise Sagan
    8. The Tribe That Lost Its Head, Nicholas Monsarrat
    9. The Mandarins, Simone de Beauvoir
    10. Boon Island, Kenneth Roberts

    No, I haven't read any of them.

  2. Which ones have you read? Did you like them?None.

  3. If you're like me and haven't read a single one, which ones have you heard of? 1, 3, 4, and 7

  4. Will you be putting any of these books in your reading list?Possibly in the future, but I'm booked up for summer(as you can see above)

2 comments:

Laura said...

I hope you enjoy the Belgariad, Kim. I think DH will want to strangle me if I pick it up again before the year is out. LOL You have a good-looking summer reading list, nice variety.

Chris said...

Oh, wow, I wonder how long it's been since I read the Belgariad?? I loved it.