Friday, June 09, 2006

Summer Reading Challenge--Week 2

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lord of the Rings
The Belgariad
The Black Jewels Trilogy
Eldest
Danse Macabre
Sword of Darkness(thanks to a recommendation from Guernseygal)
Knit the Classics(1 summer book)
rereading HP4-6
rereading Dark Hunter series: finished
Dark Side of the Moon: finished

June 3: I finished Dark Side of the Moon today. It did not disappoint at all(someone even knits in it--but I'm not telling who). I couldn't put it down. The Dark Hunter series are quick reads but there is a lot going on in these stories. Each book has built upon the last drawing you even deeper into the lives of the characters(especially those that are recurring characters). I don't want to give anything away as I know some of you are just starting the series, but the times they are a changing for the beloved Dark Hunters. I'm REALLY looking forward to the book that comes out in January(it's about the Dream Hunters--which I have been completely intrigued with since I first read about them on SK's website). If you are already reading the series or the least bit interested, you should spend a little time checking out the site--there are some interesting things there.

June 9: I am starting the Cherek section of the Belgariad today. This is really starting to get good.

4 comments:

Guernseygal said...

Ooh I like the sound of that! I have just downloaded it today and can't wait to get stuck in :-)

Nicki said...

I've read four Dark Hunter books in the last two weeks and I'm on the fifth (not quite in order - I'm getting them from the library - but near enough). I blame you and Kerry for getting me hooked ;)

Kim said...

hee, hee(wrings hands)--then my plot is working ;)

Laura said...

Glad to hear you're enjoying the Belgariad so far, gf. :-D