Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Multiple Hobbies

So here's the problem when you have multiple hobbies. Your stash increases exponentially. Knitting comes with the yarn, pattern, book, and gadget addiction(hence my Stashalong).

What I really need to do(but won't because I'm not ready to admit I have a problem) is to quit buying cross stitch charts. My yarn addiction pales in comparison to my cross stitch chart hoarding ability. The problem with charts is that I am never sure when(or if) I will see them again so I tend to buy them as soon as I see one I like. Heaven and Earth Designs(HAED) is my current cross stitch addiction. The sidebar has my current WIPs plus I have acquired many more charts than I will ever be able to stitch in this lifetime(that's why Little Diva has got to learn to stitch, someone must soldier on in my place)--no, I won't tell you how many; suffice it to say it's more than enough. The problem is that more charts keep coming out, for example, HAED charts many artists some of my favorites are Selina Fenech, Ian Daniels, Sara Butcher, Jessica Galbreth, and Josephine Wall.

This week our HAED fearless leader has come out with a bumper crop of good stuff. Like this and this by Ian Daniels and this and this(which I already bought by the way--I'm weak, WEAK I tell you!!) by Josephine Wall.

There is no way I'll ever finish them all, so I'm trying to justify buying actual prints in their place(yet another hobby--buying art). It never ends I tell you! I really need to win the lottery and take a time machine back about 20 years to have more time to stitch, knit, and whatever else comes my way :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Multiple hobbies...I think we all have that. I started off Scrapbooking, got one done and then got into stamping and did that. Had to learn to crochet and knit....done the beading thing and refuse to get caught up in it again, although I almost did! I even tried the spinning thing and thank goodness had the sense not to buy the spinning wheel....and the list goes on. BTW...does anyone else out there collect Crayons? I have a TON of crayola ones like the sniffy flavor ones and some iron on ones and sparkly ones.....

Stacey said...

Holy crap! Some of those Ian Daniels pictures are crazy detailed! I don't understand how you would even begin to stitch those! You are just multi-talented Kim! Don't be ashamed about it...we all have our own obsessions! Have I ever told you that I collect vintage knitting needles? I have jars, and vases, and many other vessels that will hold needles filled up all over my house! Many of these needles will never be used...they just sit around, collecting dust and making me happy! I love visiting your blog, and one of the main reasons is to see what you are stitching now and what's coming next! I love it!

Andie said...

Hi :) Do you have a WIP page? I looked through your blog but couldn't find one. I am in love with Eternal Promise and would like to see your stitching on it. And your other stitching....... and a list of your stash LOL

Chris said...

Wow, and it's not like they're simple designs, either! Better get Little Diva designing a time machine.