Friday, May 12, 2006

Summer Knitalong Madness




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Over the past week I have been affected with what can only be described as a case of Summer Knitalong Madness. Symptoms include, but are not limited to:
**an uncontrollable desire to sign up for all the fun stuff going on
**a need to constantly challenge myself
**a desire for some structure and accountability
**a plan for "double duty"--killing a few birds with one stone, you know, the "one project works for multiple KALs thing"

So the above three newbie KALs have joined my sidebar to work in harmony with the Mountain Lace KAL, Stashalong, WIP Wipeout, and the long neglected GALalong.

Anyone else been bitten by the bug or is it just me?

Looks like it's shaping up to be a busy summer and I wouldn't have it any other way :)

9 comments:

margene said...

Have you seen my side bar! I think there are more KAL buttons than I can manage!

Wanda said...

I joined the Amazing Lace-along too, as well as the Green Gable KAL. I'm going to have to check out Margene's KAL too. So hard to not join!!

Chris said...

I'm in two out of those three and am about to checkout the reading one... :)

ttbookjunkie said...

I am with you. I joined the Amazing Lace and Summer Reading Challenge myself, I had not seen the Treking one yet...

Amadna :)

K said...

I should join the Amazing Lace one. Did two+ rows on the CotR last night. Over 800 teeny little stitches. So far so good. I can't really picture stringing a lifeline through 400+ stitches, but I may come around to it! LOL

Karen said...

Hey Kim, Already signed up for Amazing Lace, had not heard of the Reading or Trek ones, both sound cool. Have a great weekend.

CynCyn said...

i would join amazing lace and trek with me, but that's only b/c i've already finished the projects.

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Nope, it's not just you... Since I just finished Warming Grace, I signed up for Papa's Quilt to make green squares. Of course there is SP8 and Project Spectrum, but to keep me more busy, I started the "Walk, then Knit" group for the summer. Isn't it great to keep busy?
=:8
http://www.somebunnyslove.com

Chris said...

Hi Kim - The teacher was cagey about what dye we were using, but based on the cellophane packets and that it was set with vinegar, I think it was probably Cushing's acid dye.