Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Amazing Lace--Challenge #1



Hello, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Kim's partner, aka. Beginner's Triangle from A Gathering of Lace. Notice that she is not here with me--that is very often the case. I've been lurking in her WIP pile for quite some time. In the beginning I was the center of attention. She worked on me tirelessly, complimented my color and texture, marveled at the way I felt in her hands. Gradually things changed. I didn't come out of the pile as much--she spent her time on things like socks and sweaters. The nerve! I am LACE--even though I'm a beginner pattern, I need--NO, I DESERVE--respect, time, effort, and appreciation!

The beauty of our relationship is that I know something about Kim that she doesn't think we(by we I mean her neglected projects)know. . .she feels guilty if she doesn't finish something--really guilty, so much so that she will get to the point where she won't start something else until a current project is finished. This folks is my ace in the hole--she HAS to finish me.

I have seen my competition for her attention. There is the ever increasing pile of patterns/reference books--even a pattern on its way here all the way from the UK. I know for a fact she has yarn lined up for one of Mim's Shawls.

Then there is this

the lace yarn stash. Do you see all the yarn in there?!?

Well, partner, I've got news for you--you will not be starting any other lace project until I am finished. I will not be cast aside because you feel that you are ready for a bigger challenge. You will complete the challenge you started a year ago. You will finish ME for I AM LACE, HEAR ME ROAR!

10 comments:

margene said...

You really must get those WIPs in line...they'll take over, ya know?

Chris said...

Kim, are you ok? Just worried - this shawl WIP sounds awfully pushy... ;)

Marina said...

That lace better be careful or it might end up like another knitter's WIP that talked too much ... frogged.

Lucia said...

You are truly stunning, BT. I love the way your alternating blues remind me of sunlight on water. If I were Kim, I would not have the heart to leave you unfinished (although, if I am recalling your pattern correctly, isn't finishing in the eye of the knitter?). Fear not, she will be back. Give a grrl some space, willya?

Kim said...

My partner, as outspoken as she is, has a special place in my heart. Her blues remind me of the ocean and warm tropical waters--that is why she will get done. Besides sometimes I need a project to kick me in the behind to get me going :) And I've got a back log of lace knitting waiting for her finish--but don't let her in on that ;)

Wanda said...

I love your introduction to your project! Very creatively written. The yarn is beautiful and does resemble ocean waves. You've got to "git 'er done" and you've already made progress.

Lorraine The Knitting Hammy said...

Kim, I would silence that project in a hurry- sounds like a real nagger!

ttbookjunkie said...

Hello Beginner triangle. I am sure Kim would not leave you hanging for very much longer...

Amanda :)

PS...Kim I agree with Lorranie you might want to attend to this WIP it sounds very upset :)

Laura said...

She's gorgeous already. Surely, you must be close to being done... Just a little bit more now, and then you can wear her... and start your next lace project.

Rachel said...

Wow, I sense a lace mutiny. Viva la revolution de yarn!