Thursday, April 13, 2006

WIP Wipeout/Magic Witch Updates

I feel like it has been forever since I last posted! I have finally finished Little Rage's sweater. I wanted to go knit with my friends on Friday but I had told myself I couldn't knit until I finished the sweater, SO guess what I did during naptime on Friday:

Little Rage's Sweater--finally finished
Sweater specs: Pattern from Vogue Knitting on the Go Kids Knits(it's a pattern by Debbie Bliss), Yarn Encore Worsted. It was a fun knit with a ton of seaming. Next up on the knitting front is either the lacy socks or the top down raglan I'm working on.


Magic Witch(4200 stitches)
A week has passed--and what a week it has been. The books on the bottom corner--the *&^%$#@! books! I was doing great at my 400 stitches a day goal until I hit those *&^%$#@! books--I was up until 1-2am every night fighting my way through that section, last night I passed out at 10pm no stitching done. There are 90 colors in this piece and let me tell you I must have stitched all of them at least once during that section of books. Hopefully I can makeup ground now that I'm back to some sky and the kitty. By next week I need to be at 8000 stitches, so I'll have to push a little harder this weekend--I joined the HAED Easter SAL just to push me through.

Another thing slowing down my crafty progress is the weather--it's gorgeous out. HOT and SUNNY--my two favorite weather words! Maybe if it's nice enough out I'll try and stitch outside(wind permitting).

12 comments:

margene said...

Ummmm,isn't this supposed to be fun? ;-)
Nice sweater.

Marina said...

Hooray for you! The sweater looks great. When do we get to see the "shopping"?

candsmom said...

Little Rage's sweater looks fantastic! I bet he must be so thrilled to wear it! You did such a wonderful job on it. And that stitching!! Holy crow, that's amazing. Hope all is well with you- take care, Kim! :-)

Chris said...

Yay re: finishing LR's sweater!!! Oh, that stitching sounds sort of aggravativing... Actually, more than sort of!

Michelle said...

Glad you finished her sweater. Does this mean we'll get to see you Friday? :D YOu'll bring it to show off right?

Laura said...

Little Rage's sweater looks awesome, gf. Just awesome. Has he worn it yet? Probably not since it's hot and sunny out. LOL

And your Magic Witch piece is looking great, in spite of the trouble you're having with the books. Or maybe because of the books. They look great. So worth the effort. ;-)

Ramona said...

I have a Geisha cross-stitch I have been working on since high school. I graduated in 1988. If only I could magically get through the kimono. The sweater looks great!

CynCyn said...

your x stitch looks beautiful. was so good to see you last week, and hope to see you again soon! (psst... did u see that your man is coming to town? i won't tell your hubby if you don't)

Kim said...

I did see that--now if only I could rearrange my husband's schedule so that I could go--although I may be the oldest person there ;)

Ann said...

The sweater looks great! Cangrats on finishing it and Happy Easter!

Wanda said...

great job! I'm so proud of you for finishing it! Yay for you!

msfortuknit said...

i love that grey sweater