Tuesday, April 04, 2006

WIP Wipe Out/Stashalong








Tuesdays will henceforth be my WIP Wipe Out/Stashalong(the continuing journey) updates. I have quite a few started pieces that I would like to get finished so that I can start something else with no guilt.


7 WIPs

Here's what needs to get done(in no particular order):
1. lacy socks(started on the whirlwind NY funeral trip)
2. top down raglan(March Project Spectrum piece)
3. hooded T shirt(started last year and very close to being finished)
4. Rogue Revisited(one sleeve done)
5. Beginner's Triangle(the first KAL I joined and it's still not done)
6. Little Diva's scarf(my longest WIP and now I'm not sure I even want to finish it at all)
7. Seaming Little Rage's sweater.

Here's what's itching to get onto some needles:
1. Mim's shawls(Adamas, Mountain Peaks, Seraphim, and her as yet unpublished one in Summer's Interweave)--I have stash yarn for all.
2. My Albertville Olympic Sweater(which I have wanted to start since I started my blog)--again yarn is in my stash for this
3. Socks--I think I'm past my sock burn out from Christmas 2004--also have stash yarn for this, but will buy some new stuff as well.
4. Some more lace from A Gathering of Lace.

I'm only working on WIPs this month as most of my month will be cross stitch focused(see tomorrow's post). Although I'm hosting the continuing adventures of Stashalong, I'm not rejoining for a few weeks--I need to shop people!

8 comments:

Lucia said...

What is that beautiful lacy blue thing? Is that the Beginner's Triangle? That would tempt me the most.

CynCyn said...

maybe if you start small (seaming up Little Rage's sweater) it'll give you momentum to finish the rest. Will we see you on Fri at TC?

Marji said...

suggestion? are you open to it, if not, just delete...
seam the bleepin sweater, you'll end boundless guilt by doing so. Frog 5 and 6 and return the yarn to stash, and then work on what you want to, not what you feel you 'must' because you started it once upon a time. I can't tell you how freeing it is to just let go of projects you no longer want to make.
oh, and on the update, did Stephanie make a deal with you to leave her off? jk

Chris said...

Hee hee - I love it, you're hosting but not in it! :)

Kim said...

Marji,
I may frog #6 and make a hat and mittens instead--I just really dislike knitting scarves I thought that one would be different because it has colorwork, but it's not. #5 I have to finish--it's just something I need to do ;)

Kim said...

Oh, and Stephanie wasn't in the final update because she fell off the wagon during week 13 I believe :)

Julia said...

I've been accumulating stash in direct proportion to the amount of stress I've been having at work, as if I need an excuse! Of course, all those vendors having sales are totally enabling me!

Wanda said...

First of all, #7 needs to be done first! Get rid of #6 and #5. Just because you signed up for it doesn't mean you have to do it. Let it go!!