Wednesday, March 29, 2006

With Many Thanks


Gifties

I wanted to take some time to publicly thank Stacey and Cynthia for my birthday gifts. Cynthia got me a gift certificate to a cross stitch shop(and I see some silk/specialty threads in my future) and Stacey got me that luscious ball of Trekking. As you may or may not know I have been having major sock yarn withdrawal recently and Trekking has been at the top of the list(I just love some of their colorways).

I want Stacey to know that the Trekking made the trip with me to NY(I just couldn't leave it behind, much like Rage and his blankie I just couldn't be separated from that yarn for a while). I'm so enamored of it that I cannot even begin to think about knitting it up yet :)

Thanks to both of you--it really made a tough time just a little more manageable.

7 comments:

Lolly said...

I have the same colorway! We can have twin socks! ;)

candsmom said...

Gorgeous new Trekking!! What a wonderful birthday package! I don't think I could've handled being separated from it, either. ;-) Looking forward to seeing the beautiful socks you make with it.. take care, Kim! :-)

CynCyn said...

i covet the trekking too. I'm kind of mad that I'm using my one and only ball of trekking right now. why is saturday SO far away?

Jerry & Maxy said...

Now I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled for some trekking - what a resounding vote of appreciation!

Chris said...

How sweet! And it's good you have a comfort skein. :)

Re: your comment - I actually found the kit at a local store about a year ago and then stumbled across a blurb about the book coming out. And I really can't picture any other actors playing Harry, Ron, and Hermione. It would just be wrong...

Stacey said...

Awww...yeah! I'm glad that it hit the spot for you. I knew just what I would get for you when I found out it was your birthday. Anytime that anyone would mention trekking in front of you, you would get this gleam in your eye, and you'd sit up straighter, and I could hear you thinking, "Trekking? I love trekking. I can't buy any trekking, but I really want to!"

Wanda said...

Oh, so that's what happened to that one last skein! I'm glad you got it and that it was a comfort to you. Have you seen Cyn's sock? It looks great in that sock yarn. I have to go find some. Trekking is nice stuff!