Friday, March 31, 2006

SBQ and Booking Through Thursday

Before I go into my weekly memes, I just have to say that---I GET TO GO SHOPPING TOMORROW!!!! Yarn shops here I come :)

Onto the task at hand:

Today's SBQ was suggested by Carol (http://carolsxsblog.blogspot.com/)
and is:

Have you ever participated in a needlework mystery (i.e., a design
that you started before knowing how it will look in the end and by
which you receive parts of the design via the internet, magazines, or
leaflets at spaced intervals)? If so, why did you decide to do the
mystery? What appealed to you about it? Did you enjoy it? If you have
not done a mystery, would you ever do one?


I have not participated in a needlework mystery before. I do not think that I ever would--stitching is so time consuming and it would be a real waste of time if you ended up not being able to stand the final product. I do enjoy seeing others progress on mystery pieces though--it is fun to see the pattern develop.


Booking Through Thursday

Today's questions were suggested by Christine.


  1. How do you decide to read a book by an author you haven't read before? I don't really have a method for choosing new authors. If I'm browsing in the book store I stick to the sections I enjoy, then read through a little of the story to see if I like the author's style--if I do I usually give it a shot. I also take recommendations of friends who have the same taste in writers that I do.

  2. What sort of recommendations count most highly in making that decision? I think having an author in common really helps with a recommendation--if you know the person likes similar stuff you'll probably enjoy what they recommend.




Booking Through Thursday

Pick one of your favorite authors.


  1. What are some of your favorite books by this author? Laurell Hamilton is one of my favorite authors. My favorite book is Blue Moon--I could read that one over and over. I like the whole Merry Gentry series and most of the Anita Blake ones--she's gone a little overboard with some of her story lines in the last few books.

  2. Why do you like this author? I love her characters(I'm a huge Richard fan)and since I have read the whole Anita Blake series I have a lot invested in what happens to them. I also love the way she integrates her characters into our society--I think she does a great job of making you believe that vampires, wereanimals, and fey could be among us.

  3. Have you read everything by this author? Why or why not? Yes, I have. Well, most of her work is series stuff and in order to keep up with everyone you need to read every book even if there are few you don't particularly like.

2 comments:

K said...

I know what you mean. There are a couple of on-line yarn shops that are gonna get a just past midnight hit! LOL

Kyrie

Jennifer said...

Hello! Just popping over from the Stashalong. I just wanted to say that my kids like the Wonderpets too. I caught my son singing "What kind of work... Teamwork." yesterday.

Have fun at the LYS. I made a late night online purchase.... Stashalong and Yarn Focus Challenge start for me today.