Thursday, March 02, 2006

SBQ and Booking Through Thursday

Today's SBQ was suggested by Cheryl and is:

What cross-stitch magazines or other publications (as opposed to
blogs) do you read on a regular basis? What do you like about them?
What do you not like? What would your perfect publication include?


I actually do not read any cross stitch magazines currently. I used to subscribe to "Just Cross Stitch" and occasionally I would get some of the British cross stitch publications, but, honestly, they didn't really have a lot of patterns that worked for me. I've grown tired of cute patterns, kitchen patterns, and simple stuff. I have entered a big a$$ project phase and there aren't any publications that cater to that. I think that at this point I would prefer a publication that had more informative/historical articles--I would rather learn about the history of stitching and techniques than to thumb through pages of tiny, simple designs.




Booking Through Thursday


Today's questions are from Marie. Thank you!


  1. Do you finish every book you start, no matter how bad it gets? Why? A most resounding NO! In college(as a lit major)I had to read a ton of crap all the way to the end--it was tedious and torturous as hell and once I graduated I promised myself that I would never again force myself to read something I couldn't stand again. Now I give the book 5 chapters or so to grab my attention and if it doesn't it gets shelved, given away, or tossed.

  2. Do you ever sneak-read the ending before you finish the book? If so, what about the book tends to cause you to do so? Kind of, I did with HP6--I just had to know who it was before I finished the book. But as a rule I don't read ahead--what fun is it to know the ending before you get there. Just like when I had my kids, I never found out what they were until they popped out ;)

2 comments:

Marie said...

Yay! I'm not the only one who gives up on books. I had a look at what others were posting to the question this morning and felt like such a quitter. :P

Vicki Knitorious said...

Have you ever seen "Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly"? It is by the publishers of Just Cross Stitch... it's the only one I still subscribe to even though I haven't worked an "x" in the last few years...