Wednesday, February 15, 2006

This and That

This is just a potpourri of junk swirling through my head--not really knitting and stitching oriented(just so you know). It helps me to clear my head if I put it in writing somewhere--weird, but it's always been the case.

My avatar will be returning from her beach vacation shortly as she has succeeded in her mission. Ronan has, in fact, made himself a player in my Nano '05 piece--I think he's a good guy(mostly) but he could go either way. Now I just need to keep the momentum going.

I am in the middle of a knitting and stitching mini-slump. I just feel really "blah" lately. I need at least 6 more hours in the day (and a vacation to a tropical beach--no, I'm not letting that one go) and some new super form of caffeine.

I am in the process of putting the finishing touches on my resume and next month I will begin filling out online applications for teaching jobs. Hopefully in May and June I will be interviewing and getting hired somewhere. I really miss teaching but I don't miss the process of getting a job. Plus after 6 years at home I sort of second guess myself and my abilities--even though I have kept up with my field through journals and writing practice lessons/units.

I really should try and get a job in the district Little Diva attends(even though their pay stinks and is in no way compatible with the cost of living), because her teacher is absent at least once a week. All I can figure is that they must have a very liberal absentee policy for teachers--she even took a few days off to go on vacation. I'm not sure how much things have changed since I taught in that respect, but I always felt that as a teacher you have enough built in time off and aside from illness(of yourself or a child) and the occasional mental health day(once a semester) you really shouldn't be blowing off work. Plus if I had ever exceeded my built in leave time my pay was docked for each day absent not to mention how bad it looks to administration if you are never there.

Guess what I did yesterday? Did I buy yarn? Nope. I spent my Valentine's Day having my annual exam. Woohoo--good times, good times. I don't know what I was thinking when I scheduled that one. And even more exciting is that apparently I have high blood pressure or at least I did yesterday SO I get to go to another doctor on Friday. I am kind of freaked out about that, especially since they made it sound like I would drop dead if I didn't see a doctor this week. Do you think that stress and a boatload of caffeine yesterday morning could have contributed to the high reading yesterday? I'm hoping so because I feel fine.

11 comments:

Chris said...

Yowza, nothing says Valentine's love like an annual... You might want to have a little less caffeine for the next appointment - hope all is well! Maybe ask them to check your nutrient and thyroid levels?! I went through an exhaustion phase, and it turned out I had severe B12 deficiency.

Good luck!

Theresa said...

Stress? Yes. Caffeine? Absolutely. People who say knitting is relaxing and stress-reducing clearly don't know anything!

stitchnsnitch said...

You must have sent me the Annual Checkup vibe because I called my gyno on yesterday and got an appointment! Here's hoping your blood pressure goes down and all's well on Friday. ;)

Stacey said...

Kim, It sounds like you need to come and knit with us on Friday! Can you come to the Tattered Cover? Cynthia and I were maybe going to grab dinner before we went to the TC and you are welcome to join us!! Or, let me know if there is a time that you can get away for lunch. Hope your day gets better:)

Ramona said...

No fun-go relax and drink some herbal tea. Hope everything is OK.

Michelle said...

Not the blahs! I had those last week. Have any quick projects or something nearly done to finish up? That helped me out...
Good luck with the job hunt too!

Jerry & Maxy said...

I hope it's nothing and that you get a clear bill of health on Friday. Until then, maybe more herbal tea and less caffeine? Tough, I know. And good luck with the job hunt - I'm in the game too. Will you consider independent schools? If so, I can forward openings I see your way, just let me know.

candsmom said...

I hope that it was just a misread or the caffeine and that you're healthy and fine. That must be kind of scary. Here's to a clean bill of health! Keeping my fingers crossed for you with the job application process, too. Take care and I'm still sending you strong Kailua Beach vibes, Kim! :-)

Kim said...

Thanks for your concern everybody. I'm a lot more calm than I was yesterday. I got my bloodwork results back and everything is fine there--so I got that going for me--which is nice :) Tomorrow is the big blood pressure rematch--send relaxing vibes my way.

Laura said...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if your blood pressure was up because of the stress and coffee, gf. Just the stress of going to the doctor can make a person's bp soar. Just ask my mother! LOL

zeusstrik said...

perhaps it's all about the yarn-diet, your BP wen't sky high because you resisted to buy yarn on the only free day:O))) hope all goes well, I'll keep my fingers crossed...

best wishes
hanne