Thursday, February 02, 2006

SBQ and Booking Through Thursday

This week's SBQ was inspired by my visit with Dawn and is:
With the exception of your online stitching friends, do you have any
other stitching buddies?


As corny as this will sound, my Mom is one of my best stitching buddies. Although we live across the country from each other we still cheer each other on through our projects. Currently she's working on Blueberry Homecoming from Told in a Garden--I bought her all the stuff for it one Christmas. She thinks I'm insane for even attempting a HAED design, but that doesn't stop her from asking for progress pictures :) I would love to find someone here to stitch with in person. I enjoy knitting with others and I think stitching together would be great too. My only criteria is that they also have to be stitching a Big A** Project--it would be infuriating to me to watch someone finish countless Christmas ornaments while I'm plugging along on my 60+ pages of Arwen and Aragorn--but that's just me.


Booking Through Thursday


This week's questions brought to you by Deb, reader extraordinaire. Thank you, Deb.


  1. Do you lend your books to other people? Rarely, it depends on the book. I'll lend out all of the Oprah book club books I have read, but none of the ones that really mean something to me--like Laurell Hamilton's Merry Gentry series(which I have autographed), LH's Anita Blake, and JKR's Harry Potter.

  2. If so, do you get them back? I usually get them back, but I make it a habit to only lend out books that I don't care if I get them back.

  3. What do you do if they're not returned? Send the police? Stop speaking to the borrower? Storm the house and take them back? If it was a really important book to me I would go and get it back and probably never lend that person anything again--this is why I don't lend out my favorite books--if I really want someone to read it I'll buy them their own copy.

3 comments:

stitchnsnitch said...

I have lending copies (paperback) of my favorite books, and that helps when people want to borrow a book from me. Isn't it sad that some people borrow book and not return them?

Nicola said...

My response is along the same lines. Those special books are not lent out. period.

Wanda said...

I hadn't really thought about it, but I guess you're right. I don't usually lend out a really special book of mine. But I have lent books out to friends, especially paperbacks or even hardbacks, if it a book that once I'm done with, I don't care what happens to it. Most of my fiction books I read once and I'm done with, unless it's one that I really want to keep. So if someone borrows and doesn't give it back, it's more annoying that they didn't have the respect to return my property, rather than the book itself.