Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Meme and such

I changed my avatar and let me tell you why(if you care to know). I want a vacation--to a beach. No, I NEED a vacation--to a tropical beach. But that is not going to happen in the near future, so I'm sending my avatar on one. She is waiting for Ronan to show up. He is an important character in my Nano 2005 novel--125+ pages and 61000 words into the novel and he still has not made an appearance although I have finally reached the point where he needs to. Why hasn't he? Because I cannot figure out the best way to introduce him. SO he needs to show up and explain to my avatar what his deal is. How insane does that sound? Insane, probably, but necessary none the less as the story can go no further at this point until he does.

Moving on:

I was tagged by Kim1 for this one.

Instructions: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot.

Knitorious
Woman Obsessed
strange little mama
Chef Messy
Knitter in Progress

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was still single! I was still in New York. I was in a job that I didn't like and I was interviewing for out of state jobs(one of the BEST decisions I EVER made by the way). I was hired in Fort Worth in March and moved there in the summer of '96. My money went two places: bills and me--sometimes I long for those days.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
We had just put our house in Utah on the market. I was there with the kiddos and DH was here in Colorado. I was enjoying the time I had left in the beautiful state of Utah and I was enjoying the time I had left with my friends there. I'm still pissed that we sold our house there.

What were you doing 1 hour ago?
Making beds and breakfast.

List five creative things you want to achieve this year:
1. I want to finish a HAED design.
2. I want to try to design something.
3. I want to brush up on my literacy assessment skills and come up with an assessment to use in the classroom which is actually applicable to real life.(Sorry you asked, aren't you?)
4. I want to finish my Nanowrimo 2005 novel.
5. I want to finish Nanowrimo 2006 in November.

List five snacks you enjoy:
1. Triscuits and cheese
2. Green olives
3. Sushi
4. Red Velvet Cake(there's some in the fridge right now)
5. Twinkies(it's my ultimate PMS food)

List five things you would do if money were no object:
1. I would have a house in Hawaii.
2. I would spend one month of the year in Walt Disney World and I would take my entire extended family.
3. I would have a house(or houses) in any other state that struck my fancy.
4. I would spend most of my time knitting or stitching(preferably within view of the ocean) and I would organize some knitogethers for my knitting friends(virtual and real) in all sorts of places.
5. I would hire a cook and a housekeeper(in all my houses LOL).

List five bad habits:
1. I tend to swear more than I should.
2. I am prone to road rage--although it's not as bad since I have kids.
3. I hold a grudge--forever.
4. I don't eat the way I should.
5. I am a procrastinator.

List five things you like doing:
1. Going on vacation(to a beach).
2. Watching my kiddos grow up.
3. Knitting and stitching
4. Reading and writing
5. Exercising(when I have the time anyway)--it keeps me level headed.

List five favorite gadgets:
1. my iPOD
2. the DVR
3. my cell phone
4. my computer
5. the compact disc(I don't know if it's a gadget, but it's something I can't live without)

Name one thing you like about yourself:

I am a good mother(most of the time anyway)

Tagged: Andrea and anyone else who wants to join in--any takers?

7 comments:

Ramona said...

A vacation on the beach-I WISH!

Chris said...

That's clever - sending your avatar on vacaton. Guaranteed to fit any budget. I like that you have a romantic table set back there, with wine just waiting for Ronan.

candsmom said...

I'm channeling strong beach vibes to you right now... unfortunately, it's actually kind of "cold" here! (I know, that's a pretty relative term for Hawaii, but still, below 70 degrees is rather frigid for the tropics!) I love Triscuits, too- they're one of my favorite healthy-but-not-really snacks! ;-) Take care, Kim! :-)

Laura said...

I'm getting the vague impression that you have a tropical vacation in mind. Hm. Not quite sure where I got that... :-)

The fire has gotten uncomfortably close, though there are yet thousands of houses between it and us, so we're reasonably safe. The fire department seems to take it personally when houses burn, so I'm reasonably sure that they'll keep it from getting *here*.

I think the purple yarn is finally happy. I've knit two repeats on the current lace pattern, part way into a third, and it's behaving itself. I've even managed to knit up all the yarn I frogged on Superbowl Sunday! :-)

Miriam said...

Hehe... I love that you still use Kim1 and Kim2. And Ronan... as in a different spelling of Ronin: a masterless samurai?

Andrea said...

Ha! I see how you are!! Very sneaky, tricking me into updating my blog by tagging me for a meme. ;) Good plan, actually. I even have some knitting pics that I could post. Okay, I'll aim for this weekend...

Wanda said...

That reminds me that I was tagged too! I need to do that. Probably later today. I love that you sent your avatar on vacation. When I came to your page, I was wondering if you were going on a vacation!