Friday, February 10, 2006

Booking Through Thursday



  1. How many books do you usually take with you on vacation? Too many? Too few? Do you still have room to pack clothes? Usually one and I usually don't have room to pack clothes but that is because my suitcase is usually full of knitting and stitching stuff.

  2. What kind of books do you read on vacation? Whatever I happen to be reading at the time.

  3. Do you read the same kind of books when you're on vacation as when you're at home? I read much more when I'm at home. When I am on vacation I usually don't get to read at all because I'm too busy "vacationing". With two little kids you can't really get absorbed in a book while you are on the beach and if we are at Grandma's it's more fun to visit than ignore everyone and read.





Today's SBQ was suggested by Nancy
(http://crossesnkisses.blogspot.com/) and is:

Describe your "perfect" project. (Include the designer or specific
pattern, the fabric, the floss, and anything else that would make that
project "perfect" for you.)


Honestly, I don't think I have a "perfect" project. I think that what I am working on right now could be in contention for a perfect project(HAED Arwen and Aragorn and Storykeeper). I really love HAED designs--if you can't find a perfect project there I don't think you'll find one, except maybe a Chatelaine design. I like projects that are challenging(lots of detail) but not frustrating/infuriating(lots of blended colors, backstitching, and confetti). In a perfect world I'd like them to stitch up quickly, but usually the more I like it the longer it's going to take to stitch. You know what would make a project perfect for me--fabric cut to size and then serged around the outside to prevent fraying. I don't have a sewing machine so this is always a problem for me. I use fray check but that doesn't usually hold up over the long haul.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hi Kim - You should check out the new episode (#11) of the Cast On podcast - there's an amusing essay about stash. :)