Tuesday, January 24, 2006

You Know You're in Trouble When. . .

This is totally not knitting or stitching related, but I really enjoy working out to exercise videos although admittedly I'm coming off a year of next to nothing in that department(with the move, the fact I can't find which box contains a majority of my dumbbell collection, factors beyond my control, and life in general).

My favorite, and pretty much only, video instructor is Cathe Friedrich; her workouts are ultra tough--tougher than most gym workouts I've done. Anyhoo, knowing this you would think that I would ease into getting back into my workouts. I bought Kick Max recently and it didn't look too tough when I previewed it--at least nothing like the sadistic Boot Camp(I get sore just thinking about that one)--well, I was sorely(literally) mistaken. I did the workout and about halfway through my legs were really burning by the cool down they were ready to give out--anyone want to take bets on if I'll be able to walk tomorrow?

But even with all the pain, you know I'll do it again--because I need to lose my sorry behind along with numerous other sorry places on my body :)

Have a great pain free night!

Oh, my kingdom for a jacuzzi!

7 comments:

Chris said...

A hot bath might do the trick...

Andrea said...

Actually, you're supposed to ice those sore muscles, if you listen to physical therapists. I know, it's not as appealing. I usually don't listen and go for a hot shower anyway. :)

I did upper body weights tonight for probably the first time since my knee injury (so, since last March?) All time since then has been focused on knee recovery - but it should't have been. I usd my old weight log, and it's pathetic how much strength I've lost. Very frustrating...

candsmom said...

Thanks for the link- I need to look into getting an exercise video to counter my ever-expanding behind. ;-) I'm kind of a wuss and a flake when it comes to exercise, so maybe boot-camp tough love is the way for me to go! Take care, Kim! :-)

ttbookjunkie said...

It might be just me but I find after a good workout that yoga helps...

Amanda :)

Laura said...

Hot tubs or a hot bath always work for me. We get Cathe on FitTv over here. She's pretty hard core, so I'll go along with Gilad until working up to Cathe's brand of torture. :D

Wanda said...

At least you're out there doing it! Always a good thing. I'm working on losing some sorry parts of my anatomy too! :-) Hope to see you Friday at Tattered.

Laura said...

Just reading about all that exercise makes me sore. LOL Hope your muscles aren't complaining too loudly! :-)