Thursday, January 05, 2006

Jaywalkers and SBQ


Jaywalkers

I finished my Jaywalkers at about 1am last night--the first finish of 2006! I used the largest cast on and size 2 needles. The yarn is Steinbach Wolle Aktiv Color 100. This was really a fun pattern; they go really quickly. I couldn't put the second sock down last night until it was done--it's some kind of weird compulsion I have when I knit socks, if I get on a roll, I can't put them down.


For the first time since September, today's SBQ was suggested by none
other than yours truly and is:

Do you do your stash shopping at your LNS, ONS, or both? Which do you
like better? Why?

Last year I would have said LNS without hesitation--I lived about 20 minutes from Shepherd's Bush and it's an awesome shop! I haven't found any real stand out shops here yet. As for online I like ABC and The Silver Needle. The Silver Needle is a great shop to go to if you're ever in Tulsa--it's nirvana for stitchers. I like a LNS better especially when you are looking for fabric and specific threads--seeing it in person is much better than trying to figure stuff out via a computer screen.

14 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats on finishing your Jaywalkers! Pictures, we need pictures. :)

Chris said...

Wait, sorry - looks like there is a picture - blogspot's just having trouble.

Ramona said...

Love the socks! I am very jealous, I can't wait to start my own Jaywalkers!

Marina said...

Gorgeous! I need to learn how to knit socks.

Samantha said...

Your Jaywalker socks are gorgeous. I love the colour you chose for them. :)

Happy knitting!

ttbookjunkie said...

Your socks are beautiful I love the color!

Amanda

Andrea said...

Very cute!

Mod Girl said...

Cool socks! You really do lovely work. I have to add "learn to knit socks" to my knitting TO DO list :)

stitchnsnitch said...

LOVE the yarn! I just turned the heels on my Stashalong Classic Socks, so I'm also feeling the finishing compulsion. :)

Wanda said...

Love those socks. Those might be my next pair of socks!

grumperina said...

Your Jaywalkers are so happy and colorful! Would you like them to appear in the gallery?

trek said...

Cool colorway!

Laura said...

Your jaywalkers are marvelous! Congrats on the HD. :-)

Tracy said...

Wonderful Jaywalkers! They're really comfy too aren't they?