Friday, January 06, 2006

Booking Through Thursday

Okay, so I have a question. If you look at Magknits, it says that a new issue will be up Tuesday, January 3. Isn't today the 6th? Hmmmmm.

Stashalongers: I'll be starting my blog patrol tomorrow afternoon or evening. I have already visited a few and you have some great projects going. Hang in there and be strong!


Booking Through Thursday



  1. Do you have a reading plan for the new year? Why or why not? I have an ongoing list of things I'd like to get read--does that count as a reading plan? I like to list stuff I want to read because I get a real feeling of accomplishment as I am able to cross them off.

  2. If you do, what is it? Just a list of books I want to read or reread--my biggest plan is to read Lord of the Rings and write up a cross-curricular lesson plan--I think it lends itself well to a large reading unit.

7 comments:

Chris said...

Thanks, Kim! It's not that bad... especially knowing that there's some socks that rock that I ordered on the 31st still on its way to me. ;)

Writing up a cross-curricular lesson plan for the LotR sounds cool and very ambitious!

EvaLux said...

A list of books I want to read??? Nah, I read whatever is available at my dad's that I want to read hahaha. My dad buys books and books and books, and some of them are books I want to read, others are not :)

Cheers Eva

ttbookjunkie said...

I do have a list of books, all those I need to read for Modern Novel and Mexican American Lit which is around 70 books. Also I hope to read the Knit the Classics selections this year.

Here is my weekly stash update Kim...
Week Two Stash Update

Thanks-
Amanda

CynCyn said...

Ermmm... what's a cross curricular lesson plan?
12 more weeks of stash a long to survive through. you'll be happy to hear that I made it out of String and Knitted Peace w/o any yarn.

Life's a Stitch said...

Darn, when I read you were hosting a stashalong, I though it meant to buy yarn. Oops.
Li

Wanda said...

According to my email (I'm on the MagKnits list), the new issue should be up and it's supposed to be all about kids. I haven't checked it out yet though.

The stashalong is going fine. I bought the Rowan Felted Tweed (which was on hold at Strawberry Tree), but that was one of my exceptions. And I passed on going with Jenny and Cynthia to the yarn shops. No need for further temptation, I thought.

Jerry & Maxy said...

Hi Kim! I just updated my blog with a completed Gioia. Knitted in STASH yarn - granted it had only been in my stash about 10 days, but I'm still purchase free :-).

No reading goals right now, but that may be because I'm knitting focused right now, and I work in a school, so I have prof reading going on...your cross-curr. unit sounds splendid. We offer a Tolkien elective to seniors...