Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Holiday Booty :)

My Christmas stuff(which is actually for family who read this, but you're welcome to peruse if you like):

(1) 30mg iPod(which you all knew about as I got it in November)and two iTunes certificates

iPod how I love thee :)
(2) Sirius Black's wand(Teri you were so right--separated at birth, I say!)

Useless(yet cool) HP item
(3) Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Special Edition(straight from the UK)
(4) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Special Edition(also from the UK)
(6) Random knitting goodies(mini Kacha-Kacha, orange chibi(with awesome needles), and Koigu)

stash fodder
(7) 5 HAED charts(QS Tomboy, QS Storykeeper, QS Motherhood, Faery Tales, and Forest Light-the last was a very pleasant surprise)and some Piecemaker needles
(8) Pittsburgh Penguins Uniform for Merino the Lamb(seen here hanging with Tolkien the Bear who belongs to Little Rage).

Merino and Tolkien

I think I had a some type of regression this year all I wanted were toys :) Special thank you goes to Andrea for turning me on to the Special Edition Harry Potter books. It will take me a while to collect them all, but it will be done :) You may be wondering why I bought HP1 and HP3 instead of getting them in order; I'll tell you why--I don't really like HP2(Lockhart grates on my nerves) and Azkaban is my absolute favorite of the six. These will be my "you can look but not touch books"; I'm interested to find out how much of the text is changed from the UK and US editions--they say there really aren't many changes but I'm sure there are a few.

Hope you and yours had a very Happy Holiday!!
aloha :)

Now here's a very simple meme. Just post the bunny. The Bunny is making appearances in numerous blogs, so let him come visit yours.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

You'll have to tell me how they are different, because I have no idea. I have only read the british versions of 1-5, and the American version of 6. But I feel like such an enabler!! And isn't that little kacha-kacha great! I just bought myself one, and am SO PSYCHED that it locks!! Brilliant.

CynCyn said...

you got some great stuff! i'm considering joining your KAL, i know i need to, but am working my way out of denial.

Chris said...

Woah - love the mini Kacha Kacha and the orange Chibi. Must have. Covet covet covet covet.

Isela said...

Let us know about the differences in the books ;)

stitchnsnitch said...

LOVE the wand!!! What great loot you got. :)

Jacqueline said...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet loot lady!!

stitchnsnitch said...

I can't believe I missed the hockey outfits before (maybe I got distracted by the HP stuff!). Too cute! We're HUGE hockey fans, especially the Avalanche. Doo-doo-doo-doo once again. ;)

Stephanie said...

Dude those needles are awesome. How do they work out? Nicely or do they just look cool? Are they from JoAnn's?