Tuesday, November 22, 2005

My Husband is Awesome!

Here is something about me. I have no patience when it comes to surprises; it drives me crazy when someone knows something that I don't. So for the last couple of weeks, my dear husband has been dropping cryptic comments about my Christmas present. Now as a parent of little kids who has not even begun shopping for them, I realize that the next month will go by at warp speed. But as an impatient adult, there is no way I can wait a month before I find out what my Christmas present is. So on Saturday when my husband called and said he had my Christmas present in the car, well you can only imagine the temptation there. I wanted to know what it was and therefore I pestered him until he finally showed it too me(it wasn't that hard because I think he wanted to play with it too). So without further ado, I'd like to intoduce you to my Christmas present. It's one of the new iPods, the 30gb one to be exact and an iTunes gift certificate. I spent all day Sunday loading my Nine Inch Nails collection onto it, then I put the video for Only on it, and also Rammstein's Du Hast. I am in love with this thing; it's so cute and the picture is amazing. Now I have to figure out how to put a movie on it.

The new love of my life!

Oh, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire did not disappoint--there are some amazing effects in this one. It was pretty scarey--not for me, but I'm pretty sure younger kids might get scared during some of the events in the Triwizard Tournament--especially the maze, that even creeped me out a little bit. There were a lot of funny parts. It was well worth staying up until 3am and being a zombie for the entire weekend.

On the stitching front, I have finished page 1 of HAED's Arwen and Aragorn only 62 more to go.


Arwen and Aragorn--page 1

It's 5200 stitches and as you can see it doesn't really put a dent in the big picture.

size comparison

Happy knitting and stitching,
aloha :)


HASH(0x8c94c28)
The Warrior Princess

You are strong, courageous, and dynamic, a woman of
action. You have an iron will and a sharp
tongue. Indecisive, weak, or wishy-washy people
test your patience. You tend to grow bored
quickly and yearn for excitement.

Role Models: Brunhilde/The Valkyries, Xena

You are most likely to: Lead your people to victory
against an army of orcs.


What Kind of Princess are You? - Beautiful Artwork (Original Music is BACK!!!)
brought to you by Quizilla

11 comments:

Miriam said...

ooOOOOooo I'd never seen the Only video. Only and Sunspots are my favorite songs from the album. Ooooo Trent... you made my day better already :)

Wanda said...

I've heard of NiN, but not a fan of them. You crack me up with your music choices, but Happy Merry very early to you! That's cool that you got an iPod from Hubby. Enjoy!

Stacey said...

I am sooo jealous! Your iPod puts my little pink mini iPod to shame! You'll have to bring it to our next get together so that I can watch that video on it! How about putting some Harry Potter on it?! That sounds like a winning combination.

candsmom said...

Oooh- an iPod! And 30 gb, at that! That makes my little nano look like a Pentium II or something. ;-) What a fantastic Christmas present!

stitchnsnitch said...

What a fantastic husband! :) I'm also beginning to think we were separated at birth! Now for the DM collection on the IPod, right?! :)

Jenifer said...

Wow, nice gift! How exciting! And I recently saw HP ... I want to go see it again. Wasn't it so cool??

Laura said...

Cool about your early present! But what are you going to open on Christmas? Hm?

You've been making great progress on your Arwen & Aragorn. Me? I do not count stitches. Nope. Never do it. Way back when I was in high school I crocheted an afghan for my parents. It was plenty big enough to cover their king-size bed. Dad wanted to know how many stitches I crocheted. Wouldn't let him figure it out. Didn't want to know. LOL

Alison said...

Cool present! I'm the same way; I hate surprises and I'm all for instant gratification. I got my spinning wheel two months before my birthday thanks to persistence. (My hubby finally caved:)

Lelia said...

Oh Yeeeessss! Excellent taste in gifts ; ) I'm green with envy. Nice job on your stitching dent, too. Looking forward to more progress pictures. My stitching is sitting untouched for a few days!

Cathi said...

I'm hoping that Santa or the Birthday Fairy brings one of those (just a regular one, even) to me- I've been lusting a bit lately. Very fun that you got your pressie early!

Andrea said...

That's so funny - I think we are exact opposites in that respect. I LOVE surprises. Past boyfriends would pester me about what I wanted for Christmas, and couldn't seem to understand when I told them "I want a surprise." I wouldn't go so far as to say I don't care what it is, as long as it's a surprise, but I would go almost that far. :)

Your new iPod is gorgeous! I can see why it's the new love of your life. That's how I felt about my iPod shuffle when I got it. So good for jogging. :)

Stitching is looking marvelous! You are such a dynamo! I wish I got half as much accomplished as you do!