Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Socktoberfest

I have added yet another knitalong to my list. It's been a while since I have knit socks and frankly I am having sock withdrawal. There are a few that I've had my eye on: Mim's Razor Shell Socks, quite a few pairs from Sensational Knitted Socks, and I'm sure there will be a bunch in the new Nancy Bush book(which should be arriving here within the next week).

My newest knitting love right now is handknit HOLIDAYS--what an awesome book. I am doing my Socktoberfest socks from a pair in this book. Anne Woodbury's Log Cabin Socks to be exact--we're not slipper people, but a thick, toasty pair of socks to pad around in. . .that's nirvana :) Don't be turned off by the book jacket of this book--that hood thing on the cover is weird at best--remove the jacket and there is a very decent picture there :)

For those of you who didn't know me last year(pre-blog days), I thought it would be a great idea to knit everyone socks for Christmas and I was also knitting socks for the Six Sox Knitalong. From August to December last year, I was a sock knitting fool and afterwards I suffered from a case of sock burnout. Here are some of the ones I finished last year(there are at least 4 pairs not pictured):


Last year's Sock Productivity

But I'm ready to sneak a couple pairs in again--although I'm not making any as gifts this year :)

Happy knitting,
aloha:)

5 comments:

Laura said...

That's quite a collection of socks! I can see why you burned out a bit after that. I say it's high time you knit a pair for yourself! :-)

stitchnsnitch said...

I haven't knit socks yet, but I've done a few pair of fingerless mittens, and I can see how you'd be burned out by knitting socks for everyone! How about potholders all around next year? :)

Wool Winder said...

Lots of socks! I'm getting the urge to cast on a pair too.

Michelle said...

I think that would make me pass out or something. :D

I love the new Nancy Bush book. There are a few in there I'm thinking of making. I need something easy before I get going on that second Amble sock.

Cathi said...

Wow....I just started my first pair, and I'm pretty happy with how they're going, I'm trying one of the Knitty patterns.

Hope to see you soon- will you be at Tattered next Friday?