Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Pumpkin Patch, SBQ, and Booking Through Thursday


Preemie Pumpkin Patch
My preemie knitting is done, boxed, and ready to head out in the mail tomorrow morning. I knit the 3 smaller ones first and when I finished the biggest one(sized for a newborn)it felt HUGE! It was so much fun; I only wish I could see the ICU with all those preemie pumpkins Halloween week :) In a few weeks I'll start the holiday preemie hats. Anyone who is interested in knitting preemie stuff feel free to join us on the preemie project(link in the sidebar).

Happy knitting,
aloha :)



Today's "Stitching Blogger's Question" was suggested by Bea (http://
beastitching.blogspot.com") and is:
When you have almost finished a pattern and start thinking about the
next one to stitch, how do you select it? (a list, most recent
purchase, etc.)

Well, usually I don't wait until I finish one project if I want to start something else then I do--I mean check out everything I have in progress it's getting a little ridiculous :) I usually am drawn to something because of the subject matter, the challenge, the colors, or a combination of those things.


Booking Through Thursday


Go get a book that is in the most inconvenient place in your home.


  1. What corner of your house did you dig this book out of? In the basement in an unopened box of books. We recently moved and I haven't unpacked all of my books--I had been looking for this one; so this inspired me to go get it from the mountain of unopened boxes--many of which are marked "books".

  2. What are the book's title and author? "Wizard's First Rule" by Terry Goodkind

  3. Turn to page 127. Locate the third paragraph, first sentence. Type that sentence here: "We both know that sometimes, killing is the only choice, that it has to be classified as the right thing to do."

  4. Does the sentence make sense out of context? Umm, maybe, depending on the circumstances.

  5. Seeing it sitting here by itself, out of the book, is it funny? Sad? Strange? Does it make you want to explore its source? It sounds a little harsh and if I hadn't already read the book I'd definitely want to know what context it was in.

  6. Are you currently reading this book? Why? Nope, I have already read it but it's going on my list of rereads.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Thank you for the preview. Those are so sweet. It's great to have you as a part of this project. Thank you for mentioning it on your blog. It helps us SO much. I cannot wait to see those in person!

I don't have a deadline for the holiday items yet. I will discuss this with the nurse manager after I get the pumpkin items delivered. I'll let you know as soon as I do.

Wool Winder said...

Great pumpkin hats! I can just see all the little pumpkin heads in the NICU now.

stitchnsnitch said...

How I wish I would have had one of those pumpkin hats when my November baby (who's now five) was born. Too cute!

Michelle said...

Those hats are so cute. Did you make them for any specific group?

Chef Messy said...

Awwww, those little pumpkins are SO cute!

Lelia said...

Precious hats & socks! You trying to tell us something! LOL.

The recipient will enjoy them. How cozy and sweet.

Andrea said...

The pumpkin patch is SO adorable!!

Wanda said...

The pumpkin patch hats are so cute! I love them.