Thursday, October 20, 2005

Happy Birthday, BB and Cracky!

9 years ago today my first babies were born. They are twins--a boy and a girl--and they are their mother's only children because she started hemorrhaging after they were born and had to be fixed. I adopted them when they were 12 weeks old. I had done months of research into exactly what I wanted and that's exactly what I got. These two kiddos have really traveled the US--Texas, New York, Oklahoma, Utah, Colorado, and Hawaii(including an excruciating one month quarantine)--if only they could get frequent flyer miles. They are spoiled rotten and they know it. They have put up with countless hours of screaming and craziness that their human siblings inflict on them daily and they never complain(although they do hide under the bed quite a bit). They were my first big purchase after I got a "real" job.

So today on your 9th Birthday I salute you both--Dreamkatcher's Bailey and Dreamcatcher's Kahlua(AKA BB and Cracky(as in crackhead--if you met her you'd get it-she's a little high strung)). Have some Sheba Chicken and bask in the sunspot my Tonkinese babies!!

I'll post a picture if I can get them to sit still long enough :)


Bailey and Kahlua

EDIT: Better late than never :) Bailey is my lover kitty(he's never met anyone he didn't like) on the left--lilac solid and Kahlua is the high strung, running away kitty on the right--I wish she would have looked up so you could see her pretty blue eyes--seal point.

Happy knitting and stitching,
aloha :)

Today's "Stitching Blogger's Question" was suggested by Cathy (http://itwillbefunny.blogspot.com) and is:

Do you mark or hi-lite your patterns or can you follow them without any markings? Do you make copies to mark up, or do you mark originals?


I almost always have to make a working copy, because most patterns are too small for me to accurately read--I'll take more pages and bigger print any day(it's worth its weight in gold as far as I'm concerned). I highlight each square as I finsh it and throw out the page when I am done. I prefer not to mark up my originals if I can help it.

And am I the only one that cannot follow color charts--those really mess me up and I usually will not buy them because of it.

Booking Through Thursday


I'm referring to the reading type of book club, where members all read the same book, then gather to discuss it.


  1. Do you, or have you, ever belonged to a book club? Yes, an online one.

  2. Why, or why not? I like the idea of reading the same thing and seeing everyone's perspectives on the same text.

  3. If you are in a book club, or were once, what did you like about it? I am a part of Knit the Classics(although I'm skipping this month's selection). I like that we read the same thing and also knit a project of our choice inspired by the books we read--it combines my two favorite pastimes

  4. What did you dislike about the book club? I don't really dislike anything about KTC--I mostly get disappointed with myself if I can't keep up with the time table or can't get into the book.

3 comments:

CynCyn said...

happy b-day to your babies. i'm sure they gobbled up the chicken! Can't wait to see a pic.

Stephanie said...

Shhh! Don't tell anyone but I am practically skipping this months book too. :) It's just not my cup of tea. I'm sort of skimming it so I can suggest things for discussion but I'm definately not doing it justice. Bad bad hostess I guess...:(

Lelia said...

You are not the ONLY one who does not like charts in color. They are very frustrating. I, like you, copy (or enlarge & copy) and pitch when the project is completed. Have a nice week-end!