Thursday, September 08, 2005

SBQ and Booking Through Thursday

First, thank you Lord that the new Knitty is out. Why am I so happy about this you may ask? Because I was getting freaked out daily by creepy pink hat guy.

Today's "Stitching Blogger's Question" is:

Which way do you stitch (/// and then \\\ or \\\ and then ///)?

On the piece I'm working on now it's /// and then \\\. I had read somewhere once that on linen/evenweave you should start in the bottom left corner when you start stitching; something about keeping things more even, I think.

Can you (or if you haven't done it before, do you think you could) change
the way that you stitch temporarily if it is asked of you?

I can do either; it just depends on my mood when I start a chart. I hadn't really thought that you could get stuck with only being able to stitch one way.

Booking Through Thursday



  1. What kind of room is your dream library in (one wall of your living room, dedicated room, corner of the kitchen, etc.)?I would love to have a library/study of the front foyer of an as yet to be built dream house :) All four walls of the room would have floor to ceiling cherry wood bookshelves. By the picture window(with a window seat) would be a nice comfy chair-and-a-half for sitting and reading and in the middle of the room would be a large cherry desk with and awesome computer set up. I may throw in a couple of bean bag chairs for the kids and I would love to have the stereo in there for mood music :)

  2. What genre are most of your books?Everything from non fiction to fiction--basically my entire collection right now along with what my husband and kids have plus whatever we add afterwards.

  3. Are the books all hard cover, paperback, leather, or mixed medium?I'd prefer that they all be hard cover but they would be mixed.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Gotta agree with you on creepy pink hat guy -- good riddance!

Miriam said...

"creepy pink hat guy" *snicker* Damn skippy! Yes, quite happy that he's gone.