Monday, September 26, 2005

Plan of the Week, SBQ, and Booking Through Thursday

So last week's "plan of the week" did not go well(as far as sticking to the plan). Here's a recap: Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday--Preemie knits(which is good because I only have one more pumpkin hat/bootie combo to go); Thursday(car trip--ripped out Queen of Hearts scarf and restarted during NPJ knit night); Friday and Saturday(Sirius Black doll and Queen of Hearts scarf). Notice that no stitching made it into the program--drat:(

Here's this weeks schedule:
Sunday--Fair Isle Hat(done/blocking) and Queen scarf
Monday, Tuesday--finish pumpkin preemie knits
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday--Arwen/Aragorn stitching
Saturday--Little Rage's sweater

Here are pics of my Utah Haul:


Utah Haul 1

The Drops Pattern books were an awesome deal at $1 each--whoohoo--gotta love that! The sock book actually came in the mail, but it did come while we were gone so it's sort of Utah haul stuff.


Utah Haul 2

Yes, you're seeing that correctly--I got the Torino and Colorado Springs Dale patterns--I'd been on a quest for those. The Knitting Pure & Simple patterns(yellow) look great finished up--my friend, Karyn, had one made up with Cascade 220 quattro and it turned out fabulous :)

Happy knitting and stitching,
aloha:)

Today's "Stitching Blogger's Question" was suggested by Carol
(http://carolsxsblog.blogspot.com/) and is:

What is the most challenging specialty stitch you have ever stitched?


I'm not sure really. I don't choose many pieces that have specialty stitches. I guess some of the Shepherd's Bush needlerolls contain the toughest specialty stitches I have ever tried.


Booking Through Thursday



  1. Are abridged books a good thing or just plain awful? Just plain awful.

  2. How about books that are edited to modernize them? I was going to say no but then I thought of the translations from Old or Middle English I used to read--I don't think they should be edited but some translation may be helpful.

  3. Is dated language part of the charm of a book or an irritation? To me it's part of the charm but I know plenty of people who think otherwise.

  4. Have you ever read an abridged or edited version of a book? No, because I'd always wonder what I'd be missing. The only exceptions I can think of are the translations I mentioned above.

5 comments:

Wanda said...

You got some nice things in Utah. I really like the Pure and Simple patterns too. I made the V-neck top down sweater and love it. I don't think I'm brave enough for the Dale patterns. At least not yet.

I agree that abridged books are just plain awful. Actually I've never read one, but I always think about what I'd be missing!

Chef Messy said...

Uggh, I HATE abridged books. You miss so much of the story. I even try to steer clear of translated books when I can, unless I know it's a decent translation. As much as I loved One Hundred Years of Solitude in English, it is SOOOO different in Spanish.

CynCyn said...

well, i don't mind abridged dictionaries... (but i LOVE unabridged ones).
The pic of Utah HAUL 1 doesn't show for me, and I wanna see!!! Glad you had a great time. More glad that you're back.

stitchnsnitch said...

Oh yes, with you 100% on abridged books being yucky. Quite a nice Utah Haul!

Andrea said...

You know, I used to be adamantly opposed to abridged books, as you might imagine, with my general love of literature. And then I read a few that I thought should actually be abridged. For instance, I fully recommend finding an abridged version of Moby Dick if you ever want to read it. Save yourself the pain. And I would have taken an abridged version of The Iliad any day... :) hee So, abridged in general - bad, but in a few cases, not a bad idea!