Friday, September 16, 2005

Plan of the Week & Booking Through Thursday

Firstly, Secret Pal--thanks for the e-card! It was really cute :)

I'm doing my weekend post a little early this week, because DH actually has the weekend off. AND, possibly even more exciting, I am taking a Fair Isle Class this weekend--woohooo!

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday--Arwen/Aragorn by day; Preemie Knit at night(because those cross stitches are hard to see at night and I need to Preemie Focus for a few weeks)
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday--Little Rage's Sweater

Booking Through Thursday


A couple questions from Kim and Nicki...

  1. What are your five favorite books of all time? Why did they make the list?
    (1)Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes(My mom said I memorized most of them by the time I was 2.5)
    (2)The Vampire Diaries(a series of four books--loved them! They totally shaped the reading choices I make today and contained enough teenage sappy romance stuff to keep a teenager interested LOL).
    (3)Harry Potter Series(I'm way too into these books--especially the adult characters)
    (4)Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind(I just loved this story--I couldn't put it down)
    (5)Canterbury Tales by Chaucer(read it in college, taught it to high school students, I love the look it gives you into the period and I think it's brilliant how he wrote it--it's a great format for a book really)

  2. What's the earliest book you can remember? Do your family read? Who encouraged you to read? It's not a book but a poem within a book-- "The House that Jack Built". My parents and grandparents all read avidly and they encouraged us to do the same.

  3. Reference booksĂ‚—do you have any? Why do you have the ones you do? Do you use them? I have a ton if you count all my grad school texts, plus numerous dictionaries, writing reference texts, and knitting books(they are references too right?) Most I have from grad school and for work(English teacher). Yes, I use most of them often.



Okay, this one made it's rounds in the blog world a while ago, but since I'm finally getting the hang of how to do all this stuff; I'll post mine now. Let me just say that I am REALLY Shetland Wool because no matter how many times I take the quiz(even if I change some answers) this is the result I get.


You are Shetland Wool.
You are a traditional sort who can sometimes be a
little on the harsh side. Though you look
delicate you are tough as nails and prone to
intricacies. Despite your acerbic ways you are
widely respected and even revered.


What kind of yarn are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Are you taking the fair isle class with Joann this weekend in Parker at Yarn Arts, perhaps? Yay for you for beign able to get out of the house for the weekend!

Andrea said...

Ha ha, work computer informs me that Quizilla is "Entertainment, Mature" and I'm not allowed to go there.

Thanks so much for the e-card! I'm not able to reply from my mac.com e-mail address when I'm at work, though I can read the messages on my Sidekick - just can't send any replies. But really, thanks, it was very kind, and it's great to have supportive friends at times like these. :)

CynCyn said...

ooh!! you're taking the class... good luck with that, i know you'll have fun and Joanne is super nice.