Monday, September 19, 2005

I must have this!

Okay, during my morning travels I encounter this. It is the Harry Potter addict's dream piece of equipment---very, very cool!!!

This weekend was filled with lots of fun here. Two trips to the park with the kiddos. One trip to try out the Colorado location of L&L Hawaiian Barbeque(and it was worth the trip). DH and I haven't had L&L in over 5 years(since we moved back to the mainland)--if any of you are planning a trip to Hawaii you need to search out a location and have yourself a plate lunch. I'd recommend the chicken katsu or garlic shrimp. It's not low fat but it's worth every calorie :) I even had a spam musubi--aaaah the memories, I can almost smell the plumeria, hibiscus, and surf.

And perhaps most exciting for me was my fairisle class taught by fairisle instructor extraordinaire, Joanne. Let me just say that a Sunday class is perfect for me--I didn't have to watch football or the kids and instead spent the afternoon knitting. We're working on a hat and being the over achiever I am I finished the homework last night and I'm debating on whether or not to finish the whole thing. I want to get it done so I can continue my preemie focus and start Little Rage's sweater. I'll post a pic when it's done(which will probably be today).

Finally, wish me luck because for the first time since before I was married(7 years) I will be trying to run again. Lots of things went into this momentous decision some of which being: there is no room in this house for my usual exercise stuff(aerobic step and free weights), I need to get off my behind and exercise, not to mention the numerous health benefits of being in shape, etc. So here I go--is it possible to knit, run, and push a stroller at the same time(that would qualify for extreme knitting, I'm sure).

Happy knitting,
aloha:)

6 comments:

Chef Messy said...

What? You mean knitting in itself doesn't count as exercise?

Miriam said...

Rig the stroller to roll behind you when you run, then you'll have extra resistance, plus your hands will be free to knit while you run. :) Necessity is the mother of invention. *nod*

Wanda said...

Good for you for getting the exercise in. That's a good thing. And I'm glad you got to take the class with Joanne, sounds like you enjoyed it.

Where is L&L BBQ? I think I saw a place in Aurora that was Hawaiian BBQ, but not sure if it's the same place or not.

Andrea said...

Hooray for running! Good luck!! How did it go? I can't believe this is me saying this, but I really miss running -- I'm starting to run again some at physical therapy, but it's pretty hard on the ol' knee. Hopefully I will get back to the point where I can do it regularly. It is just the best stress reliever ever. :)

CynCyn said...

wow! good for you for deciding to run again. While I think pushing a stroller and running will help burn calories faster? the addition of knitting, for me, would result in the loss of life and limb (or at least an eye). see you Friday??

Andrea said...

By the way, I should have added, the "regular" iPods aren't very good for running. I had a 40 GB model, and it skipped when I ran with it. I thought it was defective and got a second 40 GB model. Same problem. I took it back and got an iPod Shuffle, which is perfect for running since it has a flash drive rather than a hard drive. Of course, now I want an iPod Nano...