Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Surprise Stuff--Always the Best Kind :)

Yesterday I was cleaning and unpacking(big surprise there) and my daughter said, "Mommy, there is a box on the front steps." Well, I couldn't for the life of me think of anything I had ordered, so I figured it was something my husband got. I went out to retrieve the package and it was addressed to me. I looked at the return address and it was from none other than my awesome knitting buddy, Andrea. You see our LYS in Utah was having a sale last week--they hardly ever do. Well, obviously I couldn't be there(sniff, sniff) SO Andrea brought the sale to me. She sent a nice card, some crazy knitting needles(one is pictured), and some yummy Noro. I had to laugh at the needles--they totally remind me of the needles they use to insert an epidural(I mean doesn't the needle seem that big and scary when they are shoving it into your spine). And the yarn, well what can I say, what knitter doesn't love yarn in all its delicious forms. Noro, no less, one of my favorites. Now I have 1312 yards of Noro that I think is just begging to be made into Birch or Kiri perhaps.


Surprise Stuff--always the best kind :)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Andrea--you made my day :) I'll return the favor when you least expect it.

I am actually expecting a few packages in the near future--yesterday was a productive shopping day for me. I ordered some books from Barnes and Noble, some yarn and a couple patterns from Patternworks(more on that when the package arrives), and we closed on our house in Utah so we are also expecting a big, fat check sometime this morning(not as exciting as it sounds because we need it for a downpayment when we buy our next house--once we can decide on one--it will be difficult if not impossible to replace my Utah house.

Happy knitting and may your day be filled with unexpected surprises,
aloha :)

5 comments:

Wanda said...

What a great surprise! How cool!

Kim/Chef Messy said...

That Andrea. She is just great. Congrats on the house!

CynCyn said...

It was great meeting you tonight!! That big fat check...how much in yarn commission are you gonna get? ;) and should it go directly to online yarn stores?

Andrea said...

I'm so glad you liked it! I felt quite devious, which was a lot of fun, as you can imagine. :) And, of course, the benefit of buying that yarn for you is that you'll actually probably make something out of it soon, whereas I would just stick it in the cedar chest with all my other yarn that is pining away in there. (Cedar...pining...hahha! Thank you, I'll be here all week...) Can't wait to see what you turn it into (whenever it can make it into the queue...believe me, I understand these things...) Just got back from my trip to Georgia and Oklahoma today. I had virtually NO internet access the whole time, which was a real drag, and I have much catching up to do, along with a fair amount to blog about...soon, hopefully!

Michele said...

You lucky girl...you deserve it. I'm slowly catching up on bloglines. What fabulous yarn and those unexpected gifts are just the best. Take care.