Wednesday, July 27, 2005

SBQ and an Evening Out

Today's "Stitching Blogger's Question" is:

What is your most unique/interesting stitching quirk? (This could be
something concerning the way you stitch, how you organize your stash,
etc.)


I don't really know if these things would be considered quirks or not. I have to have my floss organized in numerical order at all times. When I sit down to stitch, I have to have my materials organized: my needle/scrap holder on the left side of the chair, my piece in its q-snap, my floss on my lap, my pattern(depending on how big)held under my scrap bag or on a table or stand to my left. And I'm really careful about storing my pieces when I'm not working on them--they're each in individual zip-locs(I do the same thing with knitting stuff). I don't know if those things are quirks or some form of OCD or maybe they're both the same thing LOL!



On the knitting front, I should be finishing my socks by the end of the week. I don't know if I'll be doing many of the socks in this year's Six Sox Knitalong--I have other things I'd like to try and even though socks are a fairly easy/fairly quick project I'd still like to focus my energy on other things for a while. Before you know it, it will be time to start gift knitting for the holidays. I'm kind of tired of having "deadline" knitting--is it totally selfish to want to knit stuff in my own timeframe for myself or whomever? Since I started knitting I have been doing all kinds of things for others--not that I mind, but it would be nice to have it be a peaceful, zenlike hobby rather than a race against the clock.

Last night I joined Stacey and others(I'll learn everyone's names, I promise) for the Littleton Meetup. I have really missed attending a knitting group on a regular basis and last night showed me all the things I had missed. It was a lot of fun and I'll definitely try to attend as often as I can :) Thanks for a great evening out, ladies!

Happy knitting and stitching,
aloha :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

It was nice to meet you last night! I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Andrea said...

I think you should definitely knit for yourself for a while. I have knit a lot for others in the past, but lately I've been going through a "selfish" knitting phase, and I say why not? After all, I appreciate the work the most, right? :) Plus, I've never been good with the knitting deadlines. I've had some (I'm particularly thinking of one afghan) that I missed by over a year. My new philosophy is if I want to knit for someone else, I don't mention it to them, and once it's finished, I give it to them for the next major gift-giving occasion. ;)

Michele said...

I totally agree with the knitting deadline frustration...I enjoy the process but that enjoyment falls by the wayside sometimes when it's related to a pending deadline. Have something in the works for yourself...you deserve it, certainly after a move. Take care.

Miriam said...

I don't think it's bad at all. That's why although I signed up for the SixSox yahoogroup, I don't actually knit the socks. I hate deadlined knitting most of the time, and anything having to do with the internet is optional, as far as I'm concerned. That's why I haven't joined any other knitalongs either. Not even Rogue even though I'm making it.