Saturday, July 30, 2005

Finished Object

Just finished my Chutes and Ladders sock from the Six Sox Knitalong. I made them with the KnitPicks dye-your-own sock yarn which I dyed with 5 packs of cherry kool-aid. I would have liked the color to be darker, but I kind of like the variegated effect I got with this pair--it was my first attempt at dying--live and learn, right. I used the instructions in the Knitty archives for dying.


Chutes & Ladders

This pair was lots of fun. I plan on doing a pair for my son with some Dreambaby DK that I have in my stash.

I think I may be putting socks on the back burner for a while. I want August to be my "month of lace" and then I would like to work on a few sweaters(one for my son, one for my daughter, two for me LOL). Knowing me I'll crack and still have a pair of socks "on the sticks"--they are such a great portable project that they are hard for me to resist :)

Happy knitting and happy weekend,
Aloha:)

7 comments:

Michele said...

Those socks are beautiful...I love the color and I love the pattern. I have a couple skeins of the dyeable yarn from knitpicks...I think I'll try dyeing it with my daughter sometime this month. I'll check out knitty.com. thanks for the tip. They are so pretty.

margene said...

Socks! I'm obsessed. I want to stop and knit a sweater (1/4 finished) but socks and lace having me by the throat..it's a good thing;-)
Your socks look beautiful!

Wanda said...

Beautiful socks! I met you the other night at Tattered. You're making me want to make those socks!

Andrea said...

They look mahvelous!

I took a break from socks for a while myself, well, I guess technically it wasn't very long, but it felt like it. However, I picked up an easy-peasy pair to work on during a couple of plane trips this last week, and I forgot how much I like to have one going. It's the only knitting I have that's really easily portable.

Wool Winder said...

Your socks turned out great! Good job on the color too.

Rani said...

Gorgeous socks!!!

Shannon said...

I lvoe the color on the socks!