Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Absorbing the info

I finished HP6 earlier today--don't want to give anything away, but I will say that it is getting good and I can't wait to see how JKR wraps it all up(unlike book 5, I will definitely reread this one).

In the interest of fueling anyone else's HP mania, I have a couple of links for you: Patch Palace(for HP replica uniform patches-I'm thinking of getting one for a "staff" sweater) and this really cool HP bookscarf(it's a book mark and a very clever/easy gift for the HP fan with everything). I plan on getting the materials for a bookmark when I finally decide to venture out and explore the area. I also would like to make a PoA scarf to go along with my Ravenclaw scarf I made last year.

So today I did NOT unpack a single box. I read, looked after the kiddos, and knit. On the knitting front, I have a couple of things that are almost done: the hooded t-shirt front is almost done--which only leaves the hood and sleeves and I am about 1/4 of the way done with my second Chutes and Ladders sock--hopefully I can have it done by the end of the month.

Even though I now have a boatload of lace yarn, I haven't been working on my lace lately. On vacation I needed mindless knitting that would allow me time to talk and knit, and now I need mindless knitting because my brain is fried from trying to decide where to put everything. Hopefully August will yield my lace knitting time; we should be more settled and my little diva will be beginning Kindergarten(I'm happy for her, but as a mommy it's hard to let them go).

Have a great night and happy knitting,
aloha :)

3 comments:

Michele said...

good for you...those unpacked boxes aren't going anywher anyway. enjoy your summer (it's slipping away) and your kids and reading and your knitting of course. I need to read those hp books...

Kim said...

;) I just don't know about all you Harry Potter maniacs... And I'm not sure what I think about Snape being your role model. I've never read a single HP book but I HEARD what he did! (Gasp!)

I would like to make a Gryffindor scarf anyway, just for funsies.

Andrea said...

Thanks for not giving anything away in HP6! I am only about 100 page in by now. I'll have to e-mail you with my reacton when I have one. ;)

Glad to hear you took a day off from unpacking. I think you deserved it!!