Monday, May 16, 2005
On the Needles
What's on the needles?
Here's an update on my current "works in progress" (from left to right):
1. "Beginner's Triangle" from A Gathering of Lace for the Gathering of Lacealong. I started it on Friday and I've gone from the cast on of 25 to 66 stitches. The repetition of it is starting to grow on me.
2. Aran Blanket from the book, Baby Blankets (I think). I've finished about 4" of the 36" I need to do. I really like the look of this one(although I'm not sure how much detail you can see from the picture). The only problem I seem to be having is when I knit the stitches off the cable needle the last one seems loose--I'm not sure how to fix that. My sister(who is the recepient) doesn't knit so she won't notice, but I will so it bothers me. If anyone has any suggestions let me know. I've tried knitting tighter, looser, and I've used 3 different styles of cable needles--I'm not sure what else to try.
3. socks--for my daughter--Lorna's laces. I love the color--it's lots of fun. It's my car project.
4. hooded T--it's an Artful Yarns pattern done with Classic Elite Flash in Lapis. It's the first sweater I'm trying to knit in the round from a regular pattern. It's easy and hopefully it won't take me too long to finish(I'd like to wear it this summer). It's about 24% done right now.
5. Queen of Hearts scarf for my daughter; although it seems to be my perpetual work in progress. I feel like I knit on it forever and don't make progress, but it will be real cute when it's done. I'm not sure, but I may pass on the matching hat and gloves.
Well, that's about it from here. It looks like rain outside and I promised my daughter she could play her horse game on the computer.