Saturday, May 07, 2005

On the Needles

Well, I wanted to post something today to give all of us that aren't in Maryland something to look at. I was going to take my stash outside and get a good picture of it basking in my green grass BUT it's cold, raining, and generally not a good place for yarn. So you'll have to settle for a shot of my sister's sock that I feel like I will never finish. The sock you'll notice is resting on my new t-shirt from cafe press .

So the big question is can I finish the sock by Monday? Before you answer there are a few things to take into consideration: (1) I have 2 kids under 5, (2) my house is for sale and I have an anal retentive cleaning schedule to stick to, (3) I'm tired and out of coffee, and (4) for some reason I have been dragging my feet on this. On the plus side: (1) I'm pretty good at knitting socks(especially self striping ones), (2) I have become somewhat of an insomniac, and (3) I have baby blanket #3 to get done.

So we shall see--I am starting the heel right now and I'll post my progress on Monday.

Have a happy weekend,

Aloha:)

2 comments:

margene said...

It was cold and rainy off and on today. I'm hoping it will at least be sunny tomorrow even if we don't get much warmer. Happy Mom's day to you!!

Michele said...

I loved your post...it made me feel a little bit better about having zero knitting time lately, but I have two kids who are a bit older and a brand new puppy and soon I'll be searching for a job. I get resentful when I can't knit a little each day. Now about being out of coffee...that might put me over the edge...you have a happy mother's day and I bet you can get that sock done :) Have a great day!