Friday, May 20, 2005

Inspiration

Sorry I've been MIA most of this week. Not that I'm making excuses but the weather got nice and we got out :) I have been knitting in the evenings but there isn't really enough of a difference in the WIP to make it worth posting a pic.

And as if I didn't already have enough on the needles; I was inspired by Michele's halter top to try and design one of my own(for dear daughter). I went out and got me some Candy, made some notes/sketches, and started knitting. I hope to have it done with pictures by Sunday, but since I have never designed anything before; if it looks weird or creepy you may never see it. I'll try and describe it, but it may not make sense. I'm knitting it in the round from the bottom up--there's going to be about 6" of tube with picot edging. Then I'll bind of the back(I'm adding some ribbing in hopes of keeping it snug, but not too snug--she's 5 LOL) and begin the decreases in the front. I'm planning on adding the picot edging on the top and using the channel created by the hem to feed through some i-cord to tie it around the neck. We shall see where this adventure takes us :)

As an aside, I've been checking out my weatherpixie lately and it seems that as the weather gets warmer; she gets a little trampy--just an observation ;)

Have a warm and wonderful weekend!
Aloha :)

2 comments:

Michele said...

I'm so excited to see your halter top and I'm flattered my humble halter inspired you. Yours sounds really neat and much more well-thought-out than mine. I love knitting for my daughter, plus it goes a lot faster. Have a great weekend!

Miriam said...

*lol* good observation about the pixie. Now I have to go check mine.
M