Friday, May 06, 2005

Happy Friday!

First, I'd like to thank everyone who has stopped by for a look at my blog and a special thanks to everyone who commented :)

I don't really have a lot of knitting content today I just popped in to recommend that you check out Lion Brands new e-cards they would be a great way to cheer up someone having a bitter day--I'm thinking of you, Margene :P It's great old artwork of people knitting--I've already sent out a couple. Enjoy!

As an aside, I'm sitting here listening to my new Nine Inch Nails CD(which I can do right now because the kiddos are still asleep). I bought it yesterday and I had to laugh at the clerk who rang me out. She couldn't have been more than 20(probably less). She wasn't looking at me when she started to ring it up and she looked up, saw the kids, looked at me, and said, "You do realize that this has explicit content." I started laughing, because I've been listening to this stuff since I was in college--I got Pretty Hate Machine when it came out in 1989 I believe. I wanted to say, "Sweety, I've been listening to this stuff since you were playing with blocks and dolls." But I didn't, I just laughed all the way to my car.

Have a great weekend. Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies and to everyone who feels like the mother someone(I'm sure everyone has someone like that).

Aloha :)

Hopefully, I'll have a finished pair of socks to post this weekend! I'm still waiting for my yarn to arrive for the Gathering of Lacealong--maybe today?

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I was recently at some fast food joint and the girl behind the counter, who looked about 16, was wearing a cool Ramones t-shirt. After scrutinizing her for a second, I finally asked whether she actually liked listening to the Ramones, or if she just liked the shirt. She admitted that she just liked the shirt. It was pretty funny.

Miriam said...

Woohoo! Glad I'm not the only knitter who likes the heavier music. :) I've been longing for a NIN CD. My few mp3's aren't cutting it.
M